Garden News and Events:
- Returning gardeners will have first priority and will get a chance to renew their plots in March. Applications will be sent by email.
- New gardeners will be given a chance to apply for any available plots in April. Email email@example.com to inquire.
- Please note that we have more demand than we can accommodate.
If you are selected to have a plot in the garden this year, you will be required to complete and submit the garden agreement as well as the $25 annual fee. The fees are used directly for the operation of the garden.
About the Garden
The Lawson Heights Community Garden Collective is an independent group of volunteers working with LHCA, CHEP, and City of Saskatoon to start a community garden Spring 2019.
The goals of the community garden include: local food security, park enhancement, building community connections, environmental and gardening education, and sustainability
About the garden:
- Once up and running, the Lawson Community Garden will be on of more than 50 such gardens in Saskatoon.
- There will be individual plots that gardeners manage for themselves, and there will be community U-pick plots that anyone can help maintain and harvest.
- The garden is in Umea park next to the Hindu temple.
- The garden is a work in progress and we will rely on the generosity and knowledge of local residents and business to help make this project a sustainable success.
- We received grants from the Lawson Heights Community Association and CHEP to get the garden started.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register your interest in our community garden.