Lawson Heights Community Association is seeking for a Basketball Coordinator. This is an essential position for our community youth basketball program. Training and support is available.
Role: Organize and coordinate community basketball in cooperation with Saskatoon Minor Basketball Association.
- Arrange a basketball registration night (usually done in conjunction with our fall program registration night) and attend city wide basketball registration both in September.
- Collect registration forms, recruit coaches for teams (usually parents), and develop team lists for the fall-winter season.
- Work with Silverwood Heights and River Heights Basketball Coordinators if your registration numbers do not work out properly to form a team.
- Register teams with Saskatoon Minor Basketball Association.
- Distribute schedules and uniforms to coaches and collect them at the end of the season, in accordance with Association uniform policy.
- Maintain annual inventory of Association basketball equipment and uniforms.
- Prepare and submit annual budget to the Finance Committee. Purchase equipment as approved in the budget.
- Work with Facilities Director to book practice times in Lawson School and St George School gyms.
- Prepare written year-end report for presentation to the Executive.
- Provide a list of community association membership purchased during basketball registration to Membership Director.
- Keep a list of coaches
Time Commitment: Moderate – Seasonal
- A concentration of work in September and late March to early April.
- Monthly Board Meetings.
- Assist at LHCA events as able.
Skills Preferred: Organization, Commitment, Scheduling, Diplomacy
Learn more about the LHCA and our Board of Directors.